Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Moving

Packing stinks. And you know how many boxes I've packed? 5! Okay, so doesn't sound like much but it is when you have to go through and fold a bunch of clothes or carry heavy boxes while a toddler is right at your feet. I don't know if it's harder packing when you've got a newborn or a toddler...we've done it at both stages. If I had a dang on Moby wrap when Kayson was a newborn, packing would have gone a lot faster! But I am not about to put my 21 pound kiddo in the Moby now. I am too skinny! I'd break all my poor bones.

True story: I wanted to change up our day a little bit so I decided to dance to Michael Jackson: The Experience on Wii. It was all fun until Kayson wanted to be picked up. So there I was with a toddler on my left hip and the Wii remote in my right hand trying to dance to MJ. I was dancing my heart out and my arms were aching. That machine had the decency to tell me that my moves were "ok" and "good." Do they not know how hard it is to mimic moves while holding a baby? I should have gotten "That's out of this world!" and "Amazing job, woman!" Instead it okays me. Psh, I've got skills.

Back to the moving story. We only planned on living in this apartment that we're in for 9 months. If we could have gotten a shorter lease, we definitely would have taken it! I can't count on both hands the number of times I've seen police cars over here. Add to that, our neighbors smoke "the bad stuff" and the guy has a wacko girlfriend and we are definitely out of here! After looking for a place for since June, we finally found something! It's a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo. It has a full size washer and dryer, fridge/freezer, microwave, stove...it's a pretty nice place. It's only $685 per month and water, sewer, and trash are included. Our landlords seem like AWESOME people. Seriously, I love them. They are such a sweet couple.

Other benefits: Quiet neighborhood, owners said we can paint, it's seriously like 5 minutes away from the doctor's office that KJ goes to, about 10 minutes away from Andrew's work, all major stores (Wal-Mart, Winco, grocery stores, Ross, ToysRUs, etc) are about 10 minutes away from where we live...We haven't even moved in yet, and I love it!

We're all set to sign the lease on next week and then we'll have the keys to our new place. We're planning on being there for at least a year. To be honest, I am so sick of moving! This will be our third move in a little over a year. So who knows, maybe we'll stay longer than a year. Arizona is sorta growing on me...

1 comment:

Jared and Jo said...

Shea I seriously love reading your blog! haha, I can relate to so much of it! I hope your moving goes well. We love ya lots and lots!