Yesterday, I met with the gastroenterologist to let him know all about my stomach troubles. (It gets pretty tiresome explaining my problems over and over again. I just wish that the doctor's would fax all of that information over to each other...I end up leaving stuff out because I'm never sure who knows what.) Anyway, before I met him the nurse asked the usual questions and did the usual stuff. (Blood pressure, temperature, "Why are we seeing you?," etc.) When I stepped on the scale to be weighed, I watched as she pushed the slider further and further to the left. 120....115...110...108. Seeing 108 was like a slap in the face. Since I graduated high school, my weight has always fluctuated between 115 and 120. I have lost 7 pounds this month. Being skinny is overrated.
I don't have much of an appetite because I'm so nauseous all the time. Eating not only makes my nausea worse, it makes my stomach hurt horribly. I want nothing more than to have some food. I keep fantasizing about a juicy 8 oz medium-well steak drizzled with A1 sauce from Applebee's with a side order of veggies and a potato or a nice big Whopper from BK. It all sounds so good. Right now they have me on a bland diet until further notice. I have an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow. (Thankfully, Andrew has the day off.) I hope something is revealed. I also have an appointment for an endoscopy on March 1st at 11:30. . We'll probably have to find someone to watch KJ because I won't be able to drive myself after being sedated. Andrew will have to take the day off from work.
At my appointment, my gastro doc did prescribe some stronger meds for me. Thank goodness for health insurance because they would have cost over $100 for the two bottles. I'm trying my hardest to keep busy. If I don't eat, everything's okay. The liquid diet did not help. I was in pain just from drinking chicken broth. Ugh. I really want that steak. Crazy stomach.
The last time that I was this sick, the doctor's kept running all sorts of tests and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Not long after my last endoscopy (less than a year...maybe 6 months...), I found out that I was pregnant with Kayson. Of course, that brought on a whole new realm of sickness, but at least I knew WHY I was sick. This whole wondering thing is just so obnoxious. Here's to hoping that I get answers in the next week! Please, God, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment