Sundays are so peaceful and relaxing. I woke up at around 6:30 and felt so rested. I even think KJ slept in, which was a nice treat for Andrew! We were all able to get out the door on time and at church on time! KJ was rather obedient during sacrament meeting. Typically, he will let a scream that causes most elderly folk to turn off their hearing aids. I don't think he screamed once! (I'm telling ya, this is quite a feat for my child.) Even when his Dad left him in nursery, KJ didn't cry! Man oh man, it was like the ideal morning!
I had planned on trying Andrew's tie with that fancy knot that's been flying around on Pinterest.
It looks good, right? Ours looked nothin' like that. I should have taken a picture and sent it in to Pinterest fails. It was BAD. I even tried to look in the mirror while doing it. Nope. Heck, if I can't tie a normal knot, I don't know why I expected to be able to do this one. It did make me feel a little better than Andrew (who has been tying knots for years) couldn't do it either! Oh well...that can go in the Guiness book of fails. We finally gave up on it and went to church. (Did I mention that church was amazing?!)
For dinner, I decided to make steaks. We don't have a grill, so I needed to improvise. A few months ago, I found a marinade recipe that went along amazingly with steaks. I'm talking, "not a single drop of marinade left on the plate" amazing. I decided to use this same recipe to marinade the steaks.
The recipe called for 1/4 cup of soy sauce. I asked Andrew how much we had and he said, "Maybe 1/8 of a cup." Okay, I can fix that. I filled the measuring cup with soy sauce and then I added vinegar to it until it added up to 1/4 cup. Alright, what's next. Hm...garlic powder. I checked the cupboards. Not a smidgen of garlic powder. So...I used garlic and herbs seasoning. That's the same thing, right? Yeah...the marinade wasn't all that good. Then, I decided to be adventurous and cook the steaks in the oven. A recipe for "perfect oven steaks" said to broil them for 15 minutes on each side. I decided to go for 10 minutes on each side.
So when it comes down to eating the steaks, I'm sitting there with my knife and fork, sawing away at the steaks. I think my wrists got more of a workout than anything! Thankfully, Andrew loved the steaks! He kept saying, "Mmmm mmmm...."(He's such a trooper.) Thankfully, the broccoli medley and corn tasted great. OH! And I made lemon bars! (It was the boxed processed, yucky but oh so good stuff.) It's funny that on the night I cooked corn (KJ supposed favorite food), he decided that he ONLY wanted to eat the steak and lemon bars. Booger.
After we had dinner, we went on a Sunday stroll. The weather was beautiful! Seriously, it was only like 90 degrees or so. That's beautiful to me. It was awesome to walk hand in sweaty hand and just talk. Of course, KJ started falling asleep. There's something about a nice stroller stroll.
I am so grateful that I have a husband who likes to take walks with me and do all those romantic things like hold my hand and look at me with googly eyes. Andrew is such an amazing father. I love to watch him interact with Kayson. There is such love in his eyes and his voice. I'm grateful that Andrew had good fatherly examples in his life. They really helped shape him into a wonderful father and husband. He's such a hard-working, patient, and understanding man. I love him so much, and I know that he loves Kayson and I. He tells us how much he loves us every day. More importantly, he shows us his love. Happy Father's Day, sweetheart.

1 comment:
These pictures are so cute! So happy I found your blog! You will have to stop by and visit mine too!
Post a Comment