Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chi Chi

I will admit I am in LOVE with breastfeeding. I didn't think that I would be. Before I got pregnant, I thought that it was weird. I mean...there's a baby attached to you at the boob...almost all the time. That's how it was when Kayson was first born. Eating like every 30 minutes to an hour. I will tell you this, no matter what food I give to him, he always comes back to his chi chis. He loves being breastfed. When he's nursing, he'll play with my face or with his hair, and he'll just stare into my eyes. It's such a heart-melting experience. Maybe sometimes he loves it a little too much since he's still eating every 1.5-2 hours even throughout the night. And that's why he's sleeping in the bed with us. It's a lot easier to just "whip it out" when he's right next to me than go to his room and get him and try to stay awake until he's done eating.

I get asked "When are you going to stop breastfeeding?" a lot. In all honesty, I wish I didn't have to. I'll probably wait until he decides to wean himself off. At the max, though, it'll be two years. Oh, and another thing that makes me want to keep nursing? I don't want to deflate from these nice 36Ds to a 32B again!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I had to wean Katie 2 weeks ago, and I still miss it so much! Don't let anyone bully or pressure you into weaning if you and Kayson don't want to! I was hoping to go 2 years, but pregnancy kind of got in the way. :(

Janina said...

Katy told me your blog is really funny. I hadn't ever blog stalked you. I am glad I did! I am going to nurse Hunter until he's about two unless he weans himself. Hopefully he'll like solid foods then.