Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Little Walker

 
 (Sorry that the video is sideways. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.)
For a few weeks now, KJ has been standing by himself and taking a few practice steps. He had also been trying to figure out how to stand up from the squatting position without using an object to do so. It was so cute to watch him with his butt in the air and his hands and feet flat on the floor. I love it!

On Saturday, I was sitting on the couch watching Friends while Andrew was getting the oil changed and tires rotated at the car place. KJ had been standing up near me. All of a sudden, he started taking small steps toward the tv. I was so amazed and so excited for him! I tried to quietly get my camera out because of course he doesn't want to walk when he sees the camera!

As I lay on the floor at my in-laws' home on Sunday evening, I watched Kayson as he stood up by himself and started walking around a little bit. I was caught between crying and giddiness. My throat tightened with emotion, but I had a big smile on my face too. He's grown up so fast. Two weeks from being one year old.

No comments: