Kayson has been a very busy toddler. Some days are difficult, but each day is full of tons of hugs and kisses! I love my little guy so much. Here's what he's been up to.
- CLIMBING on everything. He's a little daredevil. He lives to stand on the arm of the couch. I think my reaction (the "Oh my gosh, what the heck is this kid doing?! He's going to break his neck!" reaction) gets him all excited. He loves to climb in the kitchen drawers, onto chairs, and the kitchen table.
- TALKING about everything. His vocabulary has really exploded. I'm sure he's saying over 30 words by now. These are the ones I remember: book, cup, six, mommy, dada, cheerio, pot, pee, baby, no, stop, up, girl, sock, shoe, ear, hair, nose, mouth, eye, please, thank you (pronounced "ta ku). He also said his first sentence! He said, "No dada." ha ha! Yesterday he said, "No mama." I was soooo proud! Seriously, I was smiling from ear to ear.
| Signing "more" and saying "baby" because he wanted to see the pictures on my camera |
- BABY everything. Whenever he sees a camera, he requests to see baby. The same goes for cellphones and computers. He loves to watch videos of himself all the time. Throughout the whole video, he will point to himself and say, "da da da." Translated: "That's me."
- TODDLER TANTRUMS have been high up on his list of things to do. If something doesn't go his way, he will throw something and then proceed to throw himself (gently though) on the ground and flail about.
- HATES having his diaper changed. This kiddo would probably sit in a poopy diaper all day if I let him. I think it's the fact that he has to stop all the fun things that he's doing (i.e. throwing stuff in the toilet) in order to get changed.
- LOVES being in the bathroom. Whenever I sit on the big potty, he sits on his little potty. We're not quite ready for potty training yet, so he's just getting used to the potty (which he calls "pot"). While in the bathroom, he likes to tear tiny pieces of tp off the roll and toss it in the toilet. No complaints here because at least he's not throwing the whole roll in there!
- PLAYING WITH THE DVD PLAYER is just so much fun. He likes to open it, shut it, turn it on and off. Oh, and his favorite thing is putting stuff inside of the dvd player. One night after KJ had gone to bed, Andrew and I just could not get the dang dvd player door to stay shut. Every time we would close it, it would pop right back open 2 seconds later. It turns out that Kayson has stuffed a sticker in there, which prevented it from staying closed.
- DISLIKES NURSERY for the time being. If Andrew and/or I are in there with him, he may go play a little bit. We try to sneak out when he's occupied by something. Once he realizes that we're gone, he cries and clings to the ladies in nursery. I think he's afraid of the other kids. He's got beautiful curly hair, so of course it's tempting for kids to pull on it.
- LOVES CRAISINS. FINALLY, a fruit that he likes. We have been trying for months to get him to eat fruit. Thank goodness for nursery or I would still be trying to figure out fruits that he likes. Oh, and he likes chocolate milkshakes, too. Of course, we hide tons of fruit in it. (Shh...don't tell KJ!)
- PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK with mommy and daddy. This is probably one of my favorite games. I hide from him and call his name every once in a while until he finally finds me. Hilarious, because he'll come to the spot where he thinks I am and say, "Kayson." Little guy likes to try to trick me into saying his name when he's super close to my hiding spot. No way, Jose.
- PICKING DADA UP from work so often has helped Kayson become familiar with his surroundings. We were at the light near Andrew's work when Kayson started saying, "Dada." He just knew that we were going to get him!
- LEARNING SPANISH words. He has said a few of them just this week! He has said "pie" (which means "foot") and "agua" (which means "water"). He also likes to try and count in Spanish. His favorite numbers are "dos (two)" and "cuatro (four)" (which he pronounces "coo-toe").
Our little guy is so full of life! I never have a boring day with him. Sometimes it's busier than I would like, but I enjoy it because he's growing up so fast! I feel like if I blink, I'll miss something. Andrew and I are so blessed to have KJ in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment