Here's a look at what May Part 1 has been like:
- I have barely shopped this month! That's a feat! I just don't feel like walking around in a grocery store for an hour. I like for my trips to be quick and as painless as possible. Right now, we're living off of our food stockpile, and I'll admit it, I've been having Andrew stop and get take out/fast food. Hey, my family's fed--that's what counts, right?
- KJ is climbing on anything and everything! We've started the whole "If I count to three and you haven't climbed off that chair, you're going to time out" ritual. He's beginning to take me seriously...some of the time. Of course, he loves to test me. I'm learning a lot about patience with this little guy.
- I've gained 1 pound! YAY! As long as I'm not losing, it's great!
- Andrew and I were both laying in bed reading books when I noticed that his breathing had gotten mighty heavy. I turned over and found him fast asleep, with his book in both hands. If I couldn't see that his eyes were closed, it would have looked like he was still reading!
- Our tot knows how to say all of his numbers, except for 1. (I'm sure he can say them, but he's so used to us starting the count for him.)
- I have started a "Cook for Someone Else" Tuesday. I've done it two times so far, and it's a lot of fun! It helps me to have someone else to think about instead of being wrapped up in my tummy troubles.
- Andrew and KJ both got hit with stomach bugs. They were taking turns puking, and it was not fun! Andrew took the day off and he was able to take a long nap! I'm sure that helped!
- I let KJ say the night time prayer 90% by himself. It was super cute hearing his made up, but sincere words. He is definitely my inspiration. If I forget to say a prayer, he will simply fold his arms and look at me like, "Aren't you forgetting something, Mom?"
- Andrew got hit with strep. For 3 days, I had KJ during the day and night. We didn't spend much time in the house, though! Once Andrew got better, he let me go on a much needed "Mommy date." I took myself out to the movies. Star Trek: Into Darkness has moved up to the number one spot on my list of movies.
- I'm finally starting to figure out how to get around the Phoenix area! KJ and I have gotten lost a dozen times, but it's always fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment