Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4 Years Up



Wow! 4 years! It's hard to believe that we were in Idaho for over 2 years of that and now we've been in Arizona for almost 2 years. And our kiddo is almost 2 years old. Fun fun! Life just goes by so fast--some days faster than others.

To kick off the anniversary, before walking into the Arizona Science Center with KJ, I received a phone call that went a little something like this:

Me: Hello?
Woman on the phone: Hi, this is [couldn't quite make out what she said] calling to confirm your one o'clock appointment.
Me: Okay, great. [pause] Wait a minute, who did you say this was?
Woman: Massage Envy.
Me: Oh my gosh! That's what my husband got me for our anniversary! [squeals ensue]

I had absolutely NO idea that Andrew was planning on scheduling a massage for me. It was a shock because usually he is pretty bad about keeping things secret.

The massage was the bomb dot com. I wasn't hesitant at all about having to get undressed. I mean...after having a baby, that discomfort goes out the window. Besides, the lady left the room and I just hopped up onto the bed and slipped under the blanket afterward undressing. That bed was ah.MA.zing. Oh man. It was so warm. Then, there was something about putting my face in the hole just made me melt all the more.

When the lady was massaging my shoulders, I could feel her pushing the the knots out. Like literally, she would move the knots from my shoulders and down my back. It kinda hurt, but then again, it didn't. It was interesting. There were some points when I was in between laughing and crying. It was awesome!! I will be honest--my face totally relaxed, and I ended up drooling like crazy. I kept trying to close my mouth, but it wouldn't cooperate with me. ha ha!

On the side of my drooling festivities, Andrew and I kept trying to figure out what we wanted to do to celebrate our anniversary. His parents had already let us know that they would be willing to watch KJ so that we could go out. We spent over a week trying to think of what to do. We didn't want to do dinner and a movie because, well, we're pretty broke. When the time was nearing 6pm, Andre came up with the idea for us to go swing dancing, so that's what we did.

It was loads of fun! There were a lot of people there, and they had us rotate partners. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten everything I learned from my swing dance class in 2010! We're hoping that we get to go again soon!


The past four years have been amazing! But, they have not been without trials. We have gone through so much together; in consequence, we have grown closer. We still have much to learn about each other, but we're moving up. We're increasing our talents; we're striving as a couple to draw closer and closer to Heavenly Father; we're improving. We've had 4 years to get better, and we'll have more years. 4 years and counting...

No comments: