KJ is a ball of fun! Seriously, I don't have a boring day with my kiddo. I love him so so much even on the days when he poops on the floor. Yeah...more on that later.
- To celebrate a little early and get ready to have family pics taken, I took KJ to Cool Cuts to get his first big boy haircut!
- During the daytime, he just strolls around naked and it makes him so happy. Seriously, if he's having a tantrum all I have to do is strip him down to his birthday suit and he's the happiest toddler on the block.
- For a while he really liked eating carrots. One day he sat and ate nearly a whole bag of baby carrots with Andrew. I was shocked. The next day (and every day since), he didn't want anything to do with those carrots.
- He had his first massive tantrum...and it happened in public. Oh man. We went to a community center where KJ is taking tumbling classes. We usually get there about 30 minutes before his class starts so we'll eat breakfast. (The community center serves free breakfast to kids 18 and under.) On this day, K decided that he wanted to go out the community center's back door to the play area. He saw his favorite ride--the swings. I told him that he would only get to stay in for about 5 minutes because I wanted to feed him breakfast. Getting that kid out of the swing is like trying to get water to float on oil. He was kicking and screaming and thrashing. He did this for like 20 minutes. I felt so bad for the older folks with hearing aids.
- Hearing aids are exactly what people who sit in front of us at church will need. And if you have hearing aids, you may just want to turn them off. Kayson can let out the most ear piercing screams. Once he screamed in my ear, and I couldn't hear from it for a few seconds afterwards. I thought that I lost my hearing in that ear. Thankfully, it recovered! Hm...I wonder what the Guiness Book of World Records is for scream with the highest pitch. Whoever holds the record has some competition from my son.
- My little guy can count from 1-10! Usually he needs a little coaxing to keep it in order, but other than that, he's got it down pat. He likes to point to the different numbers on our mailbox and name them all.
- He LOVES baby dolls. He'll cuddle them and say "soft" while stroking their face.
- If he meets a new person, he likes to break the tension by holding up his foot and saying, "shoe." Even if he knows the person, he likes to point out his proud treasure.
- We've been working on letters of the alphabet. He knows A, B, C, E, K, J, T. When he sees "S," he'll say "two." It makes sense, though! That S definitely looks like a two. I wrote our name in chalk on our parking space and KJ LOVES to point out the B.
- K knows almost all of his body parts--yes, including penis.
- He finally likes ice cream! YAY! Before, he hated the cold, but I think the AZ heat is slowly converting him. hahaha!
- One of his favorite toys is his shape sorter. At first, he was getting frustrated with it, then it just clicked in his mind. He knows where to put the square, triangle, circle, and star, and he knows their names.
- He just started doing the motions to "The baby on the bus goes 'wah wah wah'."
- A while ago, Andrew was in the kitchen washing dishes and I was laying on the couch (half asleep). All of a sudden, I hear Andrew say, "Ew Kayson, that's poo-poo!" Apparently KJ was walking around diaperless and had pooped. He then took the poop to unsuspecting Andrew and put it in his hand. Later that day, I could still smell the remnants of poop over by our entertainment center. I couldn't figure out what it was, though! Hours later, I found the source of the smell--a poop log in our entertainment center. Diaperless days are over.
- No matter what it is, KJ likes to climb on it. Tables, couch arms, chairs, whatever.
- Kayson HATES for his hands to stay dirty. If he gets food or dirt on them, he'll say "hand" and hold out his hand for us to clean them.
- Right now he's at a "testing" stage. "Does mom really means what she says?" All I have to do is start counting in my firm mommy voice and he's back on track! (Unfortunately, this doesn't work all the time.)
- All of a sudden, he loves to do this wrestling move where he holds out his arms to the sides and then he just falls down on me. That mess hurts sometimes. He's such a boy! haha!
- He's his Dad's son! He loves to watch History shows and Soccer videos on Youtube.
- There's something about my makeup that he's just fascinated with! He knows that the foundation goes on his cheek, forehead, etc and the mascara goes on his eyes! haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment