Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Busy Making Changes

My favorite things to do are blog and help people. That's where I'm at in life. It's what I love. Blogging on my "Frugal Momma" site has gotten to be really tedious, though. Back in college, the one thing that my professors drilled into my head was that objectives (from lesson plans) needed to be measurable. If I don't remember anything else, I remember that.

With that in mind, it's hard to blog about couponing when I don't know what people want. I love feedback. Whenever I would write a lesson plan in school, my professors would pick it apart. They helped me to grow. If they didn't give me feedback I would probably do the same thing over and over again and never improve.  So...I have decided to shift course. If I can't measure my works with helping folks in the saving money department, then I'm headed into another direction to where I can see my hard work paying off.

The past week, I have been busting my butt making busy bags for Kayson. Wow, it reminds me so much of staying up late and writing papers in school. It's exhausting and FUN! I love knowing that I can do all these cutesy things for Kayson and I'm gonna get some kind of reaction from him. He may completely ignore my activity or he may interact with it. The point is, I will be able to measure what I'm doing. I'll know right away what works and what doesn't. It makes me happy to know that my hard work is helping someone (my child) and I can see that hard work paying off. I also love that each busy bag has a skill that Kayson can practice on. They are simple bags, but they beat watching tv.

Mini Clothesline 
Print the template *HERE*
 Button Snake

 My Family Memory Game
 Threading Beads
 Bean Counting
 Shades of Color
Print the sheet *HERE*
 Popsicle Stick Matching
 Spell Matching
 Brush Your Teeth
 Sewing Shapes

I'm hoping to do mini tutorials on the busy bags and share mine and Kayson's thoughts on them. I can already tell ya that when I showed him the "Brush Your Teeth" activity, he wasn't interested at all. He wanted to eat cookies instead. haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool. I want to make some for Brenna