Sunday, May 13, 2012

Change





   



   



     

             

                                                          

My hair has changed so much over the past few years! I've learned something, though, it's just hair. With that thought in mind (as well as KJ yanking my hair being FRESH in my mind), I decided to change it again! I got Andrew's support for it and we went searching for someone to do my hair. I was thinking about having it done by a barber that charged $10, but when we went by the place, I noticed that there were nothing but white folks in there! I have nothing against white people (I mean, look who I'm married to), but I wanted to have a fresh 'do that I could rock. I had found another barbershop that was inside of a mall. They were charging $13 on this particular day. Everyone inside of this barbershop was Hispanic. I decided to give it a try anyway...I showed the lady the photo that was my inspiration and she said that she could do it. She told me that the wait time was 10 minutes. 10 minutes passed...15 minutes...20....Then finally she was done doing a man's hair. I thought it was my turn. NOPE. She went to someone else! And we had to be somewhere within 20 minutes! I knew it was going to take her longer than 20 minutes to do that person's hair and even longer to do mine. So...I walked out. I was beyond ticked!

When we arrived at Olive Garden, there was a black lady in front of me. I loved her hair! I told her so and she gave me the guy's number who did it for her. I called him up a few days ago, we set up an appointment time, and he actually drove out to our apartment to do it for me! Without further ado...here's the 'do...

Before

After
Whaddya think?

4 comments:

Alisha Benson said...

Oooo la la! Shae, I think you're the ONLY person I know that can pull off any hairstyle. It looks great! P.s. I think you do a good job at story telling in your blog post. Girl, you make me laugh!!! I would've loved to have seen your reaction to the lady who made you wait. Haha!

The Dennett's said...

Shae, you are simply stunning. I love your hair natural and short like this. Plus, its way easier to manage with a kid. I'm trying to grow mine out so that I can just throw it in a ponytail or bun instead of styling it. wish I could be black and have it like yours...lol

Amy E said...

Awesome!!

Angie Adam said...

I love it!!!