Sunday, September 9, 2012

Georgia on My Mind

Four days after moving into our new place we were in Georgia. The past two weeks have been THE most stressful two weeks this year. It's tough trying to pack up one apartment, move all the furniture to another place, beginning to unpack and then packing up suitcases for a 6 day vacation. Never again. I learned my lesson.

Then, the first night that we were there, Andrew got really sick. He had a fever, bad headache, nausea...it sucked. We drugged his butt up, though, with some medicine. Within about 3-4 days, he was feeling better. But remember, our trip was only about 6 days! Half the time, Andrew was sick. (And now that we're home, Kayson and I are sick! YAY! *insert sarcastic look*)  Maybe we'll go again next year...who knows?

Kayson loved playing with his big cousin, Jahquez. 

Standing at the front door, wanting to go outside.

 Yummy food


CHEESE


Hanging out with his cousin

Nap time with Dad


Hahaha! I love this face!

My mom doing her homework


Again with that face


On the porch swing with his cousin








KJ with his great great grandmother


At church

This beautiful lady was my Young Women's leader from 2006-2007. I love her!


The last time I saw her (Sadie), she was a little girl! Now she is definitely a young woman! (She makes me feel old and I'm only in my early twenties!)

The baby of one of my cousins. I love cuddling with this little chunk!



Kayson took all the flash! This is a pic of him and my aunt (my Dad's sister).

KJ and his great-grandmother (my Dad's mother)

My grandma (my mom's mom) made some salmon and oatmeal for breakfast! It was so good!

Kayson, Andrew, and my mom

The fam playing cards at Bigma's house on Labor Day

Andrew kicked butt in football 

With Andrew's permission, I share this true story: The day before we left I was washing all of our clothes so I had Andrew gather up his and add them with the rest of the whites. Before I shut the lid, I noticed that the machine didn't look full at all. And it should have. I mean...there should have been like 5-6 days worth of underwear.

Later, I asked Andrew about it. After him dodging questions, I came to the bottom of the white clothes mystery. Andrew didn't pack a single pair of underwear. For the whole trip, he only had one pair--the ones he had been wearing when we got there. Here's what he did (He didn't want to tell me because he was too embarrassed): Each night he would wash them by hand before he got into the shower and let them air dry while he was in the shower. He managed to do that for 5 days. I couldn't help but laugh because it was just hilarious to me that he managed to forget to pack him underwear!

3 comments:

Alisha Benson said...

Looks like you've had your hands FULL!! Your mama looks so young! I see where you get your good looks from, Shae! All our best to your awesome family. -Alisha

Tara said...

Darling pictures! Kayson is getting so big! He is adorable!

Cindy and Bruce said...

That is so absolutely FUNNY about Andrew's undies! Lovin' your blog and all those photos of your family!