Friday, September 14, 2012

Right Leg Slumber

Earlier this week, KJ slept AMAZING! I don't know what caused it (could have been the fact that he had a super stuffy nose and it was too much trouble to wake up to nurse), but I was so happy. He only woke once or twice to nurse. AMAZING, I tell ya. Once Wednesday hit, all bets were off. He wanted to wake up EVERY. FREAKIN. 45. MINUTES. I should have expected it. I should not have let my guard down. But I did. I have been so exhausted that I just crash on the couch at the end of the night. I usually wake up at midnight and drag myself into bed, contacts and all.

Last night was not really all that different. Andrew and I were chillin' on the couch watching "Early Edition." I wanted to go ahead and finish off the disc so that we could send it back to Netflix today. We only had one episode left. I remember being the one to press play and that's the last thing I remember. I was OUT. I don't even remember taking out my contacts or walking to the bedroom. Somehow it happened, though. What I do remember is Kayson waking up every hour or so to nurse. I have no idea what he's pulling out of "there." I'm thinking that's some pretty thin milk because right now "they" feel like deflated balloons.

Anyway, sleep sucked. And before I know it, Andrew's cell phone is going off in the kitchen. (He uses his phone as an alarm clock and leaves it in the kitchen instead of putting it on the nightstand beside the bed so that he's not tempted to shut if off and go back to sleep.) I open my eyes to see Andrew sit up in bed and then he stood up. He took ONE step and the next thing I knew, he was on the floor. I didn't think much of it because I was tired and I had just had a super weird dream before the alarm went off. I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

I wake up this morning and Andrew says, "I think I must have slept on my right leg last night because when I climbed out of bed and stood up, my leg--" I didn't even let him finish. I started cracking up because the image flashed in front of my eyes.

faceplant3
My legs seriously gave out on me because I was laughing so hard. Oh man.

No comments: