Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween Fun

Last year when KJ was still a wee little baby, I found this costume on sale for less than $5! It's because it was after Halloween and they were trying to get rid of it. I decided to get it just in case we needed a last minute costume. It's a size 18 month (or maybe it's 12 months?) and it was a tad bit short for KJ. I seriously have a tall toddler. Initially, he wasn't too pleased with it, but he didn't put up that much of a fight. And he looked so darn adorable!




My in-laws came over the Friday before to babysit KJ while Andrew and I went out on a much needed date. I had Ma create a little sign for our car for Trunk-or-Treat. It was out first time decorating our car for trunk-or-treat and it was pretty fun! Andrew and I came up with a "Build A Cupcake Workshop." I spent 2-3 hours Saturday morning making mini cupcakes. I did some fudge chocolate cupcakes and the rest were french vanilla (but I had dyed batches of the frosting orange, blue, and purple). We even had colored frosting, sprinkles, candy corn, spider rings, m&ms, and twizzlers for the kids to decorate their cupcakes with. It was a lot of work but so worth it!


The reason why there is white stuff (flour) all over mine and Andrew's face is because we were Bakers. I essentially looked like this when I was working my tail off making all those cupcakes that morning. 


















On Halloween, we met up with a huge group of friends (There were at least 10 children) and we took our kiddos trick-or-treating. Of course Kayson didn't know what Halloween is all about, but he did know that there was something going on and he was super excited about it. I think that Halloween should be fun for the kiddos and the adults. There's something about the holidays that make me so happy! People seem to be kinder to one another (except for on Black Friday). Even better--Andrew and I still got a bucket candy this year! (Okay okay, so it's actually Kayson's bucket of candy, but he's a sweetheart. He loves to share with the people who love him most!)





Oh, and after trick-or-treating, a few of us went over to Chipotle where they had burritos for $2! We had to stand in line for a bit, but boy was it worth it! You bet it was.

No comments: