November 3 (Night 6)
After talking with some of the ladies at church, they helped me see the light. I'm not going to give up on this whole night weaning thing. We've made it 6 days so we might as well keep moving forward. And they had valid points. If I quit and decide to try again later it might not work as well. Kayson may realize that eventually I'll give in.
Night 6 wasn't anywhere near as hard as night 5. There were times when KJ would wake up but before I knew it he was asleep again. Could things be changing? I sure hope so. Dr. Gordon says "By the end of the ninth night, he will be falling back to sleep, albeit reluctantly for some babies and toddlers, with only a rub and a soothing voice." I'm stuck on that "will" part.
November 5 (Night 8)
Last night wasn't too bad, I guess. He did wake up a lot. He would wake and say, "chi chi." I would always respond with "do you want your cup?" More often that not, he would take it. Sometimes, though, he would get really mad at me for offering him something he simply did not want.
November 17
Kayson goes to bed at around 8pm and wakes up after getting about 8 hours of sleep. It has been awesome! We usually bring him into bed with us, where I nurse him and he falls back asleep for another 2 hours. I love it! This weaning adventure has been so hard, but it's been worth it because we are all much happier after getting some valuable rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment