There's something about the Fall that brings out uckies and yuckies. A few months ago, I made sure that we were stocked up on on kleenex because I knew that someone was bound to catch a cold. Kayson caught a cold alright, but he also got a stomach bug. For almost a week, his diapers were just filled with liquid. Poor baby had diarrhea so bad. He didn't have much of an appetite, except to nurse all day long. After the poops had been hanging around for a while, he all of a sudden started throwing up. We ended up taking him into the dr because I was afraid that he was going to get dehydrated. They gave him a shot for the vomiting and he was on the up and up.
Getting sick and having molars (one of them FINALLY poked through) coming in has messed up our sleep training. How annoying! For TWO days, KJ has woken up at around midnight crying out for someone to get him. We put him in our bed like we have been doing for the past two weeks, but instead of going back to sleep, he just cried....and cried...and CRIED. He literally woke up every 5 minutes crying. I am freakin' exhausted. All of that hard work just went down the drain. Patting him on the back doesn't settle him down. Cuddling, pacifiers, Tylenol, singing, comforting words, cup full of water...nothing. I guess Kayson finally decided that he had had it with the sleep training.
Forget sleep training. My little guy apparently doesn't do well with it. If he's uncomfortable he wants his chi chi. If that's what it's going to take to get some sleep, I might just give in. The reason I started the whole sleep training thing is because I wasn't getting any sleep. Then once we were in a pretty good routine, it just fell apart. If someone asked me right now (as I'm sitting straight up on the couch struggling to keep my eyes open) if it was worth it, I might just say "no." I just want to crawl back into bed and go to sleep.
1 comment:
We went through the same thing. I had Avalon down to one nursing a night then back to bed. Then she started teething, and the Holidays started and Zac's school got a little more crazy. Now we're back to square one and she's in our bed half the night - which never was a problem before! We're too tired to fix it for now. It will have to have to wait till after the Holidays or something. Sigh.
Post a Comment