Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Another Milestone!

For a few weeks now, KJ has been standing up by himself. It's funny, though, because he first started standing up by himself in the same time frame that he contracted roseola and was cutting two new teeth. He was burning up with fever, but he was still trying out new things. Whenever I would try to get a picture, though, he would always sit down. Finally, I figured out that if I gave him something to distract him, then he would stand up long enough for me to get a picture.

This is the first picture I managed to get of him standing. 
He was just about to squat back down. 

I had Andrew hold up a picture and ask Kayson who was in the pic. 
He stood there for quite a bit looking at the picture.

When we went outside to lay in the grass, 
I managed to get a few more pictures of him standing!
(Yay for sunglasses being a distraction!)



It's been so cute to watch him stand beside his activity table, let go, and clap his hands. Oh, and yesterday he actually took two steps towards me! He has been so proud of himself for all the new things that he's done! I have to admit that I'm torn between being happy and sad! My baby is growing up.

No comments: