Saturday, June 23, 2012

What Shall We Do?


I got this neat little idea from a website that I found on Pinterest. I poured some paint into a gallon size Ziploc bag, sealed it shut, and then I taped it to the window in our living room. KJ stood there and played with paint for a little bit. 

My little guy is an Einstein! Look at the picture. He totally wrote out his own name. He has pretty good penmanship!

We've started going outside in the mornings because it's way too hot to go out anytime after 9am. There's a nice little spot in our complex that is grassy and shaded so we usually go over there. While outside, KJ decided that he wanted to taste his rock, which was covered with dirt. My gut reaction was "Ew gross, I am NOT letting my baby put that in his mouth." But, I figured if I let him taste it, he would realize that it was yucky and not try to eat it anymore. So...I let him taste it. 

You can't tell from the above picture, but he did NOT like it. He made a hilarious face that went away before I had time to pull out my camera. 
 Instead of eating the rocks, he started banging them together. That was definitely more fun than having a mouthful of dirt! But...he was not willing to smile for me when I had the camera out. He looks pretty dang bored. That's a disguise, though. Trust me, he had a lot of fun. It was just 8am in the morning, though, and it was already in the high-80s!

1 comment:

Tara said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie!....I tried doing that with Emma...she still likes to eat rocks and dirt :P

I love the painting idea! How fun!