Wednesday, October 24, 2012

All About Our 15 monther

Today we took KJ to the doctor for his 15 month appointment. I was hoping (for his sake) that he wouldn't have to get shots, but he had to get three. I didn't want him to get the flu shot and Doc said that since he's not in daycare, he doesn't really need it. As of now, he weighs 22 pounds (just a little more than the 21.8 that he weighed at his last appointment) and he's in the 25%ile. He's such a tiny boy! He's 32.75 inches long, though! That's 90%ile. 


Here's what our little guy has been up to:

Whenever it's bedtime, we ask Kayson "Are you ready to go to sleep?" and we do the sign for it. He usually signs back to us indicating that he's sleepy. Then we pick him up, he lays his head on our shoulder and we take him to his room. One day, I asked Kayson the usual bedtime question. He signed that he was ready, but then instead of walking to me, he walked into his dark room, waiting to be put into his crib. He's a cutie!


If music comes on, he will raise both of his arms and conduct (like he sees the women in church do.) He even has the rhythm down.

Lately he has been bringing my flip flops to me if he wants to go outside. Today (10/8), he brought me my flip flops and then he picked up the strap to the diaper bag to give to me. I guess little man really wanted to get out of the house! Library time must have been a ton of fun for him!


Still wearing 12 month clothes. He can even fit into some 6/9 month pants. He's tiny just like his Mommy! He's got pretty big feet, too! (I wear a size 10 shoe in women's and Andrew wears a size 11 in men.) We're going to have to by him size 6 shoes soon.

He's been throwing away paper into the trash can instead of cell phones, keys, and his cup. Thankfully he hasn't thrown away important documents!


Combs are a ton of fun for him! I'm surprised that I haven't had to cut his hair with how much he gets the combs tangled in it. Speaking of hair and tangles, I *might* be contemplating taking him into the salon and letting someone trim his hair. Keyword: TRIM. I just want to even it out a bit more. The front is still a lot longer than the back.


He recently signed "eat." Sometimes he gets it confused with "more." He knows that they both get him something yummy for his tummy, though.


Getting him to eat is slowly becoming less of a hassle. He's still not the biggest fan of veggies, but he's been willing to try to eat the food if we present it to him.


If there are markers around, he will take the tops off of them and proceed to color his lips. (The marker was non-toxic.)

He refused to look at the camera. lol

If it's super quiet in the house, more often than not, it's because Kayson is sitting down reading a book. His favorites (meaning he brings them to me to read over and over again) are "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," "Mr. Brown Can Moo," and "Juno's Musical ABCs."

Words he can say: mama, dada (which he still chooses to say more than mama :-P), cup, ball, bear, chi chi, yeah, key, cookie, baby...

He can identify his nose and ears. 


He is super fascinated with buttons as of late. He wants to be the one to turn on his night light pillow pet and slumber sound machine. On October 18 at approximately 7pm, Kayson figured out that there were buttons on the tv. He LOVES to turn the tv on and off. It gets a tad bit annoying, but I love that he is exploring cause and effect.


In order to lessen frustration, I ask him to "show me" what he wants. He's usually able to walk right over and point  to what he wants while saying "this." He gets SUPER excited about being asked to "show me."

He will bring his shoes to me if I ask him to. And he will sit down so that I can put them on his feet. 


If I ask him to get me a diaper, he will go into his room, pull one out of the drawer and proceed to open up the diaper. He then hands it to me. One day he was super quiet, so I went to check on him. He was in his room surrounded by diapers. Almost all of them had been unfolded.


All four molars are coming in at once. Doc says that the incisors usually follow fairly quickly. Poor boy...and poor me! I'm pretty sure I'm going to start dreaming about sleeping!


This little boy is really making life interesting because today (10/23), he figured out how to pull the child proof thingies out of the sockets. Some days I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. He's lucky he's so cute.

No comments: