Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Children's Museum

I've been trying to plan family activities for us every Saturday. It's so nice to get out of the house and do something different.

I had everything planned out for the 20th. We were going to leave the house at around 10am, go to the Children's Museum and let KJ play for a couple of hours, go grab some lunch, and return to the museum for an hour or two longer. Then Andrew and I were going to drop KJ off at the parents' place and go to the temple. Of course, things did not go as planned.

I spent an hour looking for my temple recommend (didn't find it before leaving, but found it upon returning home)...and we had some other things go wrong. Needless to say, I was beyond annoyed. But we did manage to get out the house.

We parked at the Children's Museum and then headed over to a cafe. I had made reservations for meals there (hoping that it would be close to the museum...and it was!) after a website I follow let me know that you could grab a Bacon Tomato and Three Cheese Meal. The walk there was beautiful. We got to walk through a lovely garden, birds were chirping, the wind was blowing cool air (which is amazing for Arizona), and my annoyance simply melted away. The food at the cafe was amazing! We didn't have to pay a penny and our stomachs will filled. (I did buy a Oreo cookie sandwich for the three of us to share.)

 The Museum was tons of fun (and we will be going there again!) We did have to pay $11 for KJ to get in because the culture pass that we got from the library only covered two general admissions. It was well worth the $11, though. There was so much to do. There were three levels and each level was based on the child's age. Bottom floor was mainly for older kids and the top floor was for the littles like KJ. When we got up there, out of all the awesome toys, KJ wanted to play with golf balls. haha! There is something about balls that make our kiddo a happy boy. 

On the first floor, they had a thing that's similar to climbing a tree. There was a sign that said to not carry babies in your arms while on it. I'll tell ya, my back was hurting from stopping over to hold K's hands. And then he kept wanting me to hold him. It's dang hard to climb a "tree" with a 15 month old.




Andrew and Kayson in the flying bathtub



This thing was pretty neat. You would insert scarf into a slot and then it would go through all these pipes and pop out into the air.



He kept trying so hard to grab the ping pong ball. It kept dipping and going back up. I was cracking up while watching him.




Playing the xylophone made from bolts



Attempting to ride a little tricycle

The wall of cds we saw on our way in and out of the museum. I'm so tempted to make one of these walls for our house.

1 comment:

Janina said...

What cafe did you go to? It looks delicious.