Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Night Weaning--Night 1

It must be the calm before the storm. I went to bed at around 10:45, hoping that Kayson would wake up before I went to sleep. Of course, he didn't. He waited until I curled up comfortably in bed, closed my eyes, and drifted off into La-la land. Then I heard him cry out. Andrew brought him to me and I nursed him. I cut the feed short, though, and he was really irritated with me, but after a little coaxing, he curled up next to me and drifted off. I'm not sure how long he was asleep before he was awake again. I kept repeating the same thing: nurse him, cut the feed short, and pat his back/talk to him until he drifted off again. I don't know how many times we did this. I do remember it was a little hard to stay awake to make sure that I cut the feed short before he fell asleep.

The night wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I am going to keep pushing through because last night made it into my top 5 nights of sleeping since 2011.

1 comment:

Janina said...

Shae, good luck. You deserve sleep. Let's get together soon. I miss you in my life.