And thankfully we won't have to! Our contract expires in August 2013 so we have quite a bit of time. We've been living in this townhome for less than 2 months and I've already decided that we're going to renew our contract. I love that it's small (less to clean up). I love that the neighborhood is quiet. One of my favorite things about being here is the ward! I love love LOVE our ward.
We met with the Bishop yesterday and we just sat and talked with him for like an hour. He's a sweet man. I can tell that he truly cares. He said that he wanted to get to know us before he gave us a calling and I am so glad that he did. He even asked us what our dream callings were. I'm just glad that he took the time to get to know us...who we are...and what we're about. If we do move, I'm going to make sure that we look for a house that's in the same ward. I've already decided that I'm going to be super sad if we have to leave.
I got to have my first experience with Nursery. I don't think I've ever been in a room with 15 kids ages 3 and under. Whoo...I'm glad that there were other adults there. I would have been pretty outnumbered. It did make me remember why I chose a degree in Elementary Education. haha! They were really fun, though. I had no time to be bored with the little ones. I was a referee, a chair (some of the kids kept coming over to sit on my lap...super cute!), a lunch lady, as well as some other things. I guess we'll see what the future holds and if I'm destined to be in the Nursery. I think I can work with that.
It's so nice to be close to Andrew's work. I take the car three times each week...sometimes more. Kayson and I go to the library on Mondays, grocery shopping on Wednesdays, and playgroup on Fridays. Our weeks have been filled and it's so nice! We try to stay busy on the weekends, too. This weekend, for instance, our stake is doing a swap and shop. I'm not 100% sure how it's going to run, but people will bring stuff that they want to donate/get rid of on Friday and on Saturday morning everyone will shop. I think it's like a garage sale of sorts. And I think (THINK) it's going to be free.
I also planned for us to go to the Children's Museum that's a little ways from our house. We got a culture pass from the library that gives two free general admissions! I actually ended up getting culture passes for the Phoenix Zoo two weeks ago, but General Conference was going on (which I totally forgot about) so we didn't go. Hopefully I can get another pass next month! (You're only allowed two culture passes per month.)
I don't know what the heck is up with me, but as I'm looking at the FAQ for the Children's Museum, my eyes are tearing up and I'm getting all emotional. (And no, I'm not pregnant.) I guess it's because one of the questions is "Where can I nurse my baby?" The page says that there are chairs all around for mothers to nurse their babies. And if they want a more private location, there is one available. I love that mothers aren't made to feel like they need to go and hide when they feed their babies.
Life is just so exciting right now. I don't feel sad. I have a purpose. I'm keeping busy in things. I'm happy.
1 comment:
The Children's Museum is awesome. We got free tickets last week and took Hunter. He loved it.
Post a Comment