Sunday, October 7, 2012

Irrational Fear

That's what Andrew calls it. Tonight I was reading a story from "Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul" where this woman and her husband were hiking in the mountains and they accidentally startled a mama bear and her cubs. The mama bear ended up attacking the husband. She tore him up something bad! There was blood everywhere and muscles, limbs, and tissue were showing. That poor man. I told Andrew "That's why I'm not going camping. I am staying away from those woods."

I will be honest, I do not see the thrill of camping. I like staying in the house where I have a/c, a comfy bed, and a toilet that I can go to without wondering if some animal is going to bite my tushy off. Heck, if I wanted to go camping I would have pleaded with Heavenly Father before I got here to let me be born in a time when camping was essential and just part of life. He knew what He was doing. That's why I'm here in these Latter-day days. I was telling Andrew that if Noah invited me to be on the ark I would have told him, "No...you go on, Noah. I am not getting on a boat with all those animals. I'll just stay here."

Andrew tried really hard to sway me and convince me that camping was great! He said that only 0.05% of people get attacked by bears. Oh no no no no no. That number needs to be a lot lower that 0.05 to convince me to go out there. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 0. He even said that it's more likely for someone to break in the house and attack me then it is for a bear to attack me in the woods. I will take my chances then. If a fool is dumb enough to break into my house...I would go Madea on them. In this way, I can kinda relate to the bears. The woods...that's their house...people are invading their house--their space! I know I would be getting all kinds of territorial if someone came into my home without permission.

I need to be ending this because I'm getting all worked up again. Andrew says that I sound black and ghetto when I'm worked up. 

No comments: